Spearhead Machinery Ltd – Recruitment Privacy Notice
This notice informs job applicants of Alamo Group Europe Ltd (“Applicants”) and its UK subsidiaries how we process your personal data, when you apply for a role or vacancy with Alamo Group Europe Ltd. For the purposes of European data protection laws, Alamo Group Europe Ltd is the data controller of Applicant personal data.
Data that we may collect;
We may collect personal data regarding applicants including,
- contact information (e.g., name, home and business address, phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contact information, NHS number);
- demographic information (e.g., date of birth, nationality);
- employment and education history (including internal and external employment history, references and organizational data such as department, work location, job title and seniority); and
- any other information which may be voluntarily disclosed by the Applicant as part of the application process.
How we use Applicant Personal Data.
We use your data in order to fulfil our legal obligations and where in the legitimate interests of Alamo Group Europe Ltd to consider an Applicant for a role or vacancy in line with our recruitment
process. In the event that we make an offer of employment which you, (the Applicant) accept, your personal data will be held and processed by Alamo Group Europe Ltd to fulfil our legal and contractual obligations and for the performance of the employment relationship.
Disclosure of your personal data to trusted Third Parties.
We may disclose some of your personal data to the following recipients:
- service providers (e.g. outsourced payroll providers) and financial or legal advisors;
- fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies;
- courts, governmental and non-governmental regulators and ombudsmen;
- as required or permitted by law, to comply with a legal process or government request, or to protect Alamo Group’s rights and property.
Transfer of Personal Data outside the UK and EEA.
We may transfer personal data to Alamo Inc (located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) in the U.S. for senior positions only. We will take all necessary steps to ensure the safety of Applicants’ personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Rights of Applicants.
Under the UK GDPR, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal data which include;
- The right to access a copy of your personal data
- The right to have inaccurate data corrected
- The right to have personal data deleted, in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Alamo UK entities have one calendar month to respond to your request.
If you feel that Alamo has not processed your personal data in line with the requirements of the UK GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office via www.ico.org.uk.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of your personal data with your local data protection authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk
Security and Retention.
Alamo Group Europe Ltd protects Applicants’ personal data against loss or theft, as well as from unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which it is held. Alamo Europe Group Ltd retains information for six months from our point of last contact. We hold this information to support our legal and regulatory requirements. If you object to this retention, please contact us via our details below. You must give us permission if you would like us to contact you within six months of application if alternative positions become available.
If you have any enquiries, requests or concerns regarding this Notice or relating to the processing of Applicant personal data, please contact the DCO, via email@example.com.